THE PROMPT: Bird is the word
THE STUFF: yarn, twigs, sticks, feathers, leaves, things you would find in a nest.
THE TECHNIQUE: Doodle/Construct yourself as a bird. You can draw (with or with out color) or paper piece a photo of yourself and some bird parts. How would you look as a bird?
I will admit I had a lot of trouble with this prompt and couldn’t figure out what to do so the only thing I did that was bird related was give myself wings and also used a little bird embellishment as well as a piece of patterned paper that had a bird on it!
I liked the idea of myself being a lone little bird on a tree… sometimes I feel that way… and I like the solace of the still night air in the evenings… However, if I were a bird… I think I would be a Killdeer. Their mommy skills are something else.
- Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!