THE PROMPT: Fall is in the AIR
THE STUFF: I love fall. So this prompt I want you to share what makes it FALL for you… the leaves changing? The crisp air? Starbucks finally selling their Pumpkin Spice Lattes again?
THE TECHNIQUE: Use some Distressing on your page. (roughed up edges, inked edges, sanded photos or paper… that sort of thing)
I’ve used some sceletal leaves and written down everything I love about the fall, and I’ve painted the page and the distressed it with sandpaper.
I had fun using alot of paint, glimmermists and molding paste to make this page on what I love about fall.
I have been hugely busy with the take over of an already WELL established art community, and didn’t have a lot of time to create a page, but I wanted to preserve some of the “things” that make it FALL for me… so I created this collage of images in a digital format, and “distressed” the picture with a digital edit.
Now it’s YOUR turn!!
- Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!