This prompt was perfect for me!! I’ve been so busy these days… I know I keep saying that… and yet somehow, I keep getting busieru!! This prompt was a simple, easy way to slow down and take a moment to just appreciate.
THE PROMPT: THANK YOU!!
THE STUFF: Didn’t have a chance to take part in something like Thankful Every Day in November? Maybe you were on the ball. Either way, it’s time to make yourself a list!! 1 thing, or 22 of them. Share with us!!
THE TECHNIQUE: Use a clean white page, and your own handwriting. I dare you.
First I painted the page with white gesso, added some leaves and when dry, I started to write up everything I’m grateful for. At the end I wrote thank you in norwegian with big blue letter. TAKK.
This was a real challenge for me because I found it such a plain page but in the end I loved it! I wrote down a bunch of things that I am thankful for, from the very important to the little things, and then stamped “thankful” in paint over top of my journaling. I’m glad I made myself stick to the challenge because I ended up with something that I normally wouldn’t have done!
Now it’s YOUR turn!!
- Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!