The prompt this time around is brought to you by Margrethe!!
THE PROMPT: Everyday
THE STUFF: Receipts, newspaper headlines, clothing tags, photos of your day
THE TECHNIQUE: Journaling
I’ve been so busy with my everyday, I haven’t had a chance to do this prompt… but thanks to my lovely guest hosts, you have plenty to feast your eyes on!!
I also wanna take a moment and thank you. Thank you ALL for being a part of this adventure with me. I cherish coming to your blogs and seeing what you’ve created. I cherish your comments in our Facebook group. You are what makes this whole experience an EXPERIENCE! So thanks. Thanks for being you, and being part of this with ME. I love you guys.
I stuck to the prompt pretty closely: everyday and photos of my day, but I found that I didn’t have space to include regular journaling. Instead I used a “This is awesome” stamp (embossed), and together with the title and the date stamp, there’s enough journaling (at least for me). You see, we sold out apartment on march 12th and celebrated with a bit of bubbles. So you can really say that this is not exactly our everyday.
I love taking everyday photos of my kiddos. It’s not so much the big moments in their life, but the little ones as well. Like how when I do laundry, Jax my 2 year old loves to sit in the basket when I pull him. It’s just simple fun things that we do all the time that make our days so special! Sure going to the zoo is awesome! But so are the mini photo shoots that me and my daughter put on! You are only a kid once, so why not live your life big!
I love the everyday stuff! Since I’m also a scrapper I’ve always loved scrapping the everyday and this has followed me into my art journals. I used pictures of things I see or do everyday and just looking at this collage of “my everyday life” makes me smile. Ok, maybe not the laundry or dishes part….haha!
- Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!