Soooooooo I didn’t notice…
That I have the PRACTICALLY THE SAME FREAKING PROMPT for this month as I did last month!!
Well, they aren’t TOTALLY the same. They are just NEARLY the same.
While you’re reading THIS month’s prompt, be sure to be singing THIS SONG.
Ahhhhh well. It is what it is.
THE PROMPT: These are a Few of My Favorite Things
THE STUFF: List of your favorite things. ie: fave color, book, coffee creamer, drink, season, flowers… etc.
THE TECHNIQUE: Brown paper ie: “brown paper packages tied up with string” and labels from some of your favorite things
A SMASH page on my favorite girlie thing… Hello Kitty!! I know I am a grown women, but dude this kitty gets me every time! I even want a pair of a shoes with her on it! And now that I have a daughter, it’s so fun to share my love of all things HK with her!!
I loved making this page of my favorites and although I didn’t use brown paper I did use the brown kraft that my journal pages are made of as my background and then used lots of paints and glimmer mists.
What a fun prompt! I used some paint, stencils, smooch spray and some washi tape along with some ephemera & scrap supplies. I did my title by hand and then filled the left side with all the things I love, which are many!
- Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!