The prompt this time around is from Glenda!!
THE PROMPT: Childhood memories
(it can be something from your own childhood or from your kids, a memory, a thought…)
THE STUFF: Glimmer mists & paint (time to get messy!)
THE TECHNIQUE: silhouettes (can be black, patterned paper, anything goes as long as it’s a silhouette)
When I was little, my mom used to read to my sister and I nearly every night. She would read for hours… one of the books we read was Alice in Wonderland. When we read the book, we also decided to memorize one of the poems. It was one of my favorite poems. I decided to create a silhouette using a drawing of the Mad Hatter from the books, and to simply write out the poem on my page. (it didn’t all fit, but that’s OK. All the good parts are in there.)
Some of the fondest memories I have are of my kids and whenever I drive home for lunch from work (the elementary school is right near my work) and see a little girl with a pink backback I always think of my daughter so I really enjoyed making this page. Of course she is almost a grown woman now so the memories are always bittersweet.
- Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!