Whoops!! Taxes got the best of me!!
Here’s the prompt for the first 1/2 of the month!
THE PROMPT: Details
ie: The little things take some photos of some of the little details in your day that make you smile.
THE STUFF: Macro Photos/Inchies
ie: Take some photos and use small prints of them on your page. (or clip some from a magazine)
THE TEChNIQUE: Grid Scrapping
ie: Use the images in 1in. squares and create a grid of the little things.
When I was little my mom wrote me a note and on it was this quote “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things” and it has stuck with me ever since. I did my page on just things that make me happy, nothing big but again it’s all about the little things! I didn’t use inchies as my pictures were too big but I do love to grid scrap!
LINDA Being a graphic design student I’m are getting to know the term grid in various projects. I thought transforming the grid system to ArtJournal would be an easy task, but then again, being a freestyler in my ArtJournal book this was not easy. I had fun making this page, the image is from my trip to Oslo last fall, visiting a dear friend of mine. We went to the new opera house and inside she took me to the ladies room to show me the ‘golden’ doors. Well I had to take a close up pictures of it as I do with everything else with great texture, and I love it! First I had some gesso on the page then i used distress stain, glimmer mist and stamped with gold dabber paint. The patterned paper are cut in to inch squares and covered various places with some masking tape on top.
SUSAN I’ve been doing Project Life this year so I’m always printing smaller size pics & the ones I hadn’t used came in handy for this page. It’s the daily details that make up our normal day to day lives and those are the photos I used: going to the gym, eating, driving to work, the cats, grocery store, watching tv, being on the computer, work, reading etc. The background was done with an old plastic doily thing that I love to use for a mask & glimmer mists. It’s actually the ghost of the first misting. Labels were used to write the daily doings on. Sassafrass Lass letter stickers for title.
- Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!