“… and then I swear… it looked like a bear… but it was too BIG to be a bear!”
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug with a description of what animal you would be if you could be one.
SKETCH ARTISTS: Draw a picture of yourself with the body of the animal you would be if you could pick one to be… use the image below as inspiration for your piece.
I started my page by taking a recent picture of myself, and cutting the face out of it. I glued that to my page, and then got to work drawing myself as a lion. I even ended up coloring my face brown! I really love the way this page came out! For my SHOOTER description, I wrote, “If I could be a LION… fierce, strong, gentle.”
Birds, Birds, Birds! I’ve always been fascinated and delighted with BIRDS of all kinds. Even if it was difficult to choose just one species to pop my head onto, I chose my most recent encounter from February: 2 days with the flamingos atParc Ornithologique de Pont de Gau in la Camargue region of France. It was a transformative experience to say the least! I used one of the photos I took, which I printed on 160 g/m paper, then used pencils and pens to draw my head and finally pastels to show how ‘tickled pink’ I am to be part of this flock! Makes me feel free just looking at it.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN!!
- Use all or just part of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- SHOOTERS: You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON’T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback on the work of others that share here positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of another person’s work. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments section of the posts here on the blog, that you create for! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to “officially” sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!) Ready to join THE FORCE
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!