Modus Operandi: Child Witness
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug with a description of how you felt about art as a child. Did you believe like you were an artist? When did that change? Did it change?
SKETCH ARTISTS: Draw a self portrait in a childlike style. Write some of the things you wanted to be when you grew up on your page
I really enjoyed this challenge! I allowed my inner child to come out to play fully. Had fun with the colored pencils and just drawing a face and figure without worry if it’s “life-like.” So much fun!
I’m in the middle of putting together my art space (finally!) so I downloaded an iPad app to do my drawing. I also knew that it would give me that child drawing feeling I was going for. Hard to be exact when your drawing with your big fat finger. LOL! This was fun! Looking forward to seeing all of yours.
So, here is my childlike Portrait. I totaly got into this.
I wonder if there is such a thing as ‘method journalling’???So, I got the pigtails in the hair, sat on the floor with my daughters’ pencils.. and went about doing it.
So, its very cutesy, I guess. but this is all the stuff I wanted to ‘do’ or ‘be’ when I was a kid.
I cannot wait to see what you all get up to.. and please .. do share!!!
Until next time,
Don’t forget to have fun!!!
Deb G xxoo
Use all or just part of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- SHOOTERS: You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON’T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback on the work of others that share here positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of another person’s work. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments section of the posts here on the blog, that you create for! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to “officially” sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!) Ready to join THE FORCE?
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!