Modus Operandi: Eye Witness
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug with a description of your soul. (as in the eyes are the window to the soul)
SKETCH ARTISTS: Practice getting your eyes right! Below is a link to a tutorial about drawing realistic eyes to use if you would like it!
I’m deeeeeep in the throws of basketball season, and I didn’t have a chance to get my piece done. I’ll be sharing it on Monday Mugshots very soon!!
I decided to build my eye out of scraps instead of draw it. Actually this entire page is made out of left over scraps and bits of pieces.
Hey y’all!! Deb here!!
This weeks’ prompt comes at a time when I am madly studying some fairly serious and dark parts of our world’s history- and it seems it came through on this page.
I have always had a fascination with eyes. I love drawing them, looking at them, painting them. They truly are the window to the soul.
I found this quote- “Imagination is the eye of the soul”- and it really seems fitting with how my page turned out this time.
Its amazing how things that weigh heavy on your soul come out in your art.
This is why it is SO important to make art.. it is cleansing for the soul.
This page was created by sketching eyeballs on to some circles I punched out of some vintage German book paper. I adhered them to the diary with PVA glue- (its nice to draw over once its dry).. and then painted and inked and scribbled around it.
EYE hope you get your teeth into this prompt!!! (LOL..sorry EYE couldn’t help it!!! BWAHAHA!).
I truly can’t wait to see what you get up to.
Until next time, Much love..
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN!!
- Use all or just part of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- SHOOTERS: You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON’T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback on the work of others that share here positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of another person’s work. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments section of the posts here on the blog, that you create for! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to “officially” sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
Ready to join THE FORCE?
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!