All the Pieces Fit
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug with a description of how something fell into place in your life. Were the pieces evident in hindsight? Did you see them fall into place as they fell?
SKETCH ARTISTS: Make a mosaic of yourself using patterned papers.
WELCOME to our NEW home!! In building a new website, A Year in the Life of an Art Journal has moved also!! It is now nested within my website, www.RachelWhetzel.com. There is no need for you to do anything to change your subscriptions or badges if you have them. All of our links have been carried over to the new site, and should work accordingly, thanks to my amazing web designer, Karen from Simply Amusing Designs. I’m still working to get some of our “look” updated, so pardon any virtual dust you may find… and WELCOME!!
One of my favorite things about art journalling is using up scraps and “throw aways” and what a perfect prompt for this! I actually fished some Gelli Print mistakes out of my trash and ripped them up to make the self portrait and relearned the lesson to NEVER throw anything away! This prompt was very liberating, hence the quote. I generally stray away from anything self portrait but making this figure was fun and actually very meditative!
- Use all or just part of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- SHOOTERS: You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON’T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback on the work of others that share here positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of another person’s work. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments section of the posts here on the blog, that you create for! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to “officially” sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!) Ready to join THE FORCE
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!