Hello, Bookers and Shooters!! If you’re new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 09.16
PROMPT: Emotions: What are you feeling, right now, at this moment in your life?
SHOOTERS: Shoot your photo in a mirror, with your feeling written on the mirror.
BOOKERS: Journal it and we will do a packing tape transfer today! yay!
I did a very basic tutorial for any of you that want to try a packing tape transfer! First of all you need either pictures or text from a magazine or from something that was printed from a laser printer, an ink yet printer won’t work. I ripped this page from a magazine as I wanted to use some of the words. I then took some clear packing tape and taped over the words and rubbed with a smooth popsicle stick.
Then I cut out the words I wanted to use
and placed them into a cup full of warm water and let it soak for a few minutes. Then I gently rubbed off the paper so it was all gone which leaves us with the clear tape and the word!
I let the words dry for a couple minutes
and then they were ready to be glued onto my journal spread. I use Golden gel medium to adhere the packing tape transfer images to my pages because it’s clear and you can still see through the image.
and here is my finished journal spread!
The thing I love about packing tape transfers is that the possibilities are endless and you can use them in layouts, journal pages, canvases, ATC’s and more! I used some fabulous stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps! as well such as the checkerboard border, the the road not taken, the coffee ring stain, the danger skeleton, spotty background and last but not least the super cool pulse rate!
It’s been a really weird week for me… so I took this challenge, and I didn’t try to lie… I’m feeling pretty “meh” about things. It actually made me feel better to say so “out loud” like this! I took my mirror out into the fall leaves, and sprayed my mirror with water before I took the picture, and then I “wrote” on the mirror using a text layer in iPiccy.com. I faded the font to help it look like it was written on the mirror. I think it came out pretty cool, if I do say so myself!
Definitely not my fav pic of myself but I love how this turned out & it was very cathartic.
- Use all or just part of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON’T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to “officially” sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!