If you’re new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 12.2
PROMPT: Fall and Change
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug in the leaves on the ground, or with bare branches in the background.
BOOKERS: Instead of taking the “normal” slant that we prompt blogs like to take around Thanks Giving, I’d like to twist things a bit, and create a page based on the tradition of Winter Solstice. Winter Solstice is a time of change (much like Fall) traditionally, a person might write down some things they would like to let go of or forget in the coming year, and then burn those things in a fire on the night of the 21st as they celebrate the coming of longer days in the new year. I would like you to write a few of those things down, roll them up, and place them on a page LIKE SO: http://pinterest.com/pin/1055599884603117/ and create over the top of them.
This was a very interesting prompt and I must admit I have never written down things and then rolled them up and put them onto my journal so this was a first for me! I wrote down things that I would like to let go of as well as things that I wish would change and used the title “Don’t worry”, as well as a ton of paint! haha
Here is my project. Not only was this a very fun page, but it was VERY healing! Writing what you are releasing as we head into the Winter Solstice and then creating beauty out of what can stir up pain from the past was so very powerful. It helped me to heal even more. What a great challenge!
- Use all or just part of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON’T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to “officially” sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!
~rachel All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!