Hello, Lovelies!! If you’re new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 06.03
PROMPT: My Walls. Do you have walls that you put up?
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug in front of a cool textured wall.
BOOKERS: Use this texture technique to create a “wall” texture on your page. CLICK HERE
I couldn’t decide what wall to take a picture near… and I ended up deciding to share these two with you…
This wall is where we normally stack our firewood, and as you can see, it’s also where I’ve spray painted a few projects.
This is one of our barn doors…
I am finally starting my new Dylusions art journal and I love the size and pages!!! Check it out:
Weeee!! Now I can do double page journal pages as there isn’t a ring in the middle like the one I’ve been using. Plus I love the size of the pages which are 11 3/8 ” x 8 1/4 “. My previous journal was a whopping 12 x 12 so this is going to be a real nice change!! There are 64 pages in my new journal so this will be awesome!!
I loved the technique for this prompt but I only had green tissue paper laying around but I still love how this turned out. I glued my tissue paper onto the pages and then sprayed with a few different kinds of glimmer mists and dylusions ink sprays as well as took a couple different colored oil pastel crayons and rubbed onto the crinkles, then added some other goodies to make a page on how I miss the carefree days of my youth.
My walls are multiple and take shape in many forms. Some high, some low, some extremely strong, others quite soft. There are different walls for different people and situations.
Jason & I went back to Pendleton for the long Memorial Day weekend and this shot is of his iced tea sitting on the porch in front of their house (believe it or not, this shot was not staged!). I have always loved the gray color and wood-like texture of this wall and felt the warm tones, touches of Jason’s Mom (the silver dollars in the vase) and the clock were all quite representative of a visit “home”.
Now it’s YOUR TURN!! Share your links in the comments below!
- Use all or just part of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON’T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to “officially” sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!