Hello, Bookers and Shooters!! If you’re new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 07.15
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug with some red white and blue
BOOKERS: Journal about what freedom means to you, and use STARS on your page!
It’s funny because when I look at this page it reminds me of the USA, and I’m Canadian! haha I used this scrapbook paper that had stars on it and went with the color scheme. I just wanted to say that even though I’m so lucky to live in a country where I have freedom (Canada!) I still wish I were free of other things such as worrying, work, etc.so that I would have more time to do the things I actually enjoy. I used alot of fabulous stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps! such as the row of stars, the ticket and the two ladies.
I added interest to this page by doing a matte gel medium resist. The butterflies that you see in the background are actually raised off the page to create texture and dimension. Using a stencil and a palette knife, I ran matte gel medium through the stencil and then allowed the gel medium to dry fully. Once it was dry, I used ink sprays, water, and a paper towel to create the rest of the background colors. I added a tip in on the top right side so that I could do some personal journaling both on the back side of the tip in as well as where the tip in is obscuring the page. Finishing the page off are stars all around, including on the butterfly wings and the flag I drew at the bottom of the page.
This red, white & blue tea cup planter was just one of the many decorations our neighbor’s had up for the 4th of July. I loved the homey, family feel of all their decorations.
- Use all or just part of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON’T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to “officially” sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)