Hello, Bookers and Shooters!! If you’re new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 08.05
PROMPT: The Bright Side
SHOOTER: Shoot your mug with the sun behind it.
BOOKERS: YELLOW!! Use some yellow on your page!! Drip it, splatter it, smear it, mask it, bubble wrap it… get BRIGHT!
I absolutely adore the way the sun shines through our trees here… really excited that I actually got the kind of shot I was hoping for, with my cell phone!
Just making this journal page full of yellow made me happy!! I used a ton of paint, stencils, washi tapes, black spray paint and a photo.
- Use all or just part of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON’T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to “officially” sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!