If you’re new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
PROMPT: Rainy Day
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug near a rainy window
Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 02.04
BOOKERS: drip some paints on your page, and share a little bit about what the perfect rainy day looks like to you.
Although it’s Oregon, and the rain has been plentiful here, I realized today, that all of my windows are protected by eves! Which means, no rainy window shots. There was, however, a small break in the downfall that made it possible for me to get a shot of my mug near one of the MANY puddles scattered around my yard.
I loved this prompt because I love using glimmermists to make lovely drips. I made my journal page with 2 clouds and then sprayed different shades of glimmermists to look like rain. How perfect is the Marilyn stamp with her little umbrella too (Marilyn stamp and Chevron stamp by Viva Las VegaStamps!) for this scene? I said how I think it’s cozy to be inside on a rainy day.
I LOVE the rain so I really enjoyed this prompt. My page is very simple as I wanted the focus to be on the feel, the drops & the words. Where most people love sunny days, I LOVE rainy days. I love everything about the rain! The feel, the sound, the smell…EVERYTHING!
*Techniques & Supplies Used: Watercolors, Crayon Resist, Crystal Lacquer, Black Marker*
Are you READY!?
- Use all or just one of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON’T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to “officially” sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!