Hello, Bookers and Shooters!! If you’re new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 09.01
PROMPT: Artsy Fartsy
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug with your paint brushes, or favorite art supply.
BOOKERS: Mugs just might be one of the easiest things to draw… take a shot and try it out! GO HERE for an example!
My paint brushes are some of my very favorite art supplies… and I take terrible care of them. This particular brush, however, is EXTREMELY special to me. It used to be my gramma’s. She tole painted, and I have several brushes that used to be hers. I like this one the best because it has her old address label she put on it to let people know it was hers when she went to tole painting classes.
This was a big challenge for me as I’m not good at drawing!! haha I decided to attempt to draw a picture of the coffee mug I drink out of every morning and I am less than thrilled with how this turned out but hey, that’s ok! Here is my coffee mug
and here is my sad attempt at drawing the said coffee mug
Um yeah. As you can see I ran out of room towards the bottom of the cup! haha I think I may have bit off more than I could chew by trying to replicate my mug but it makes me smile to look at this.
- Use all or just part of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn’t speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON’T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren’t following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn’t matter if you’ve just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you’ve gotten “behind” and don’t create every day. It doesn’t matter if you don’t create at ALL… (although we’d love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to “officially” sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!