WHERE YOU ARE FROM
Just outside Kansas City, MO
TWO PLACES YOU GET JOURNALING INSPIRATION FROM:
– Real life. Every day events and moments that I just need to get down onto a page… this includes all the daily photos I take and the blogs posts I write.
– The crazy wonderful internets… mostly sites like pinterest, flickr, other art journalers and scrapbookers who share their work online as well as artists of other mediums.
WHAT YOU FIND TOUGHEST TO JOURNAL ABOUT
My faith, family pain, and my childhood.
WHAT YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT (journal/techniques, etc.)
Blending it all together, the words, the imagery, the extra bits, so I feel like my meaning(s) is clear but my page still looks delicious. I want both something pretty and something meaningful with my pages… is that maybe too much to ask? haha. I’m honestly constantly working on this.
ARE YOU PUBLISHED? HAVE OTHER BRAGS?
Hmmmm… I’ve done various design and guest design spots over the years for kit clubs, challenge blogs and just had my work shared on websites and blogs. It’s always a thrill.
YOUR WEB SITE OR BLOG
little dani roo
That is literally a brand new blog, after some unfortunate hacking events killed my other also new blog!
A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF
I am 26 years old and very happy with my husband Neil.
We are new parents to a very curious little girl named Ember.
Our family dwells out in the country and I have dreams of a life a little less on the grid and little more self sufficient. Maybe someday.
I am very self aware and very unsure. I’m always trying to find the middle of things, and I obsess until I do, or at least until I come close. I love like crazy and I hope I end each day having been as kind as possible.
I am: naturally minded, earthy, dirty, colorful, shy and bold at the same time, usually always in deep thought and in love with rainy days.
I get called a hippie a lot though I don’t think people really know what they mean when they say that, I think it’s just an easy thing to call me.
I love all things pregnancy, birth and parenting related, especially when it’s a bit more on the alternative side than the usual. Nothing yet has changed my life quite like pregnancy and childbirth did.
I need art and creativity to survive. My life starts to get very flat without it.
THREE UNKNOWN THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF
– I have an immature, gross sense of humor. And I am fascinated by all the things in life that we are “not supposed to talk about”. I’m always the one eating dinner and bringing up things you don’t talk about during dinner. It’s awful, and my filters are not so great.
– I am actually very solid in my faith and my journey with my faith. I never talk about it with anyone though because it’s not the popular viewpoint, and I don’t want to be looked down on or viewed differently because of it. It’s becoming a harder thing though, especially now that I’m a parent, and so I’m working on how I can be basically honest and open without the fear. I totally respect and appreciate everyone’s views and I so wish for the same in return.
– I love deep conversations and serious topics BUT if I really trust you and you really get to know me, I’m insanely silly when I let my guard down. I really do love entertaining people.
WHAT YOU HOPE TO GET FROM A YEAR IN THE LIFE
The drive to keep going creatively. Being a new momma has made it a wee bit harder to find time to be creative. And being creative is very necessary to my happiness!
WHAT YOU HOPE TO GIVE TO A YEAR IN THE LIFE
I hope so share the idea that’s it’s ALL important. Every detail, not just the big stuff. The happy stuff and the sad stuff. It’s all worth documenting because it’s YOUR life. Also, I hope to share the idea that sharing is good, and feeling safe to share is great. I’ve never felt more healing than from sharing my pages and starting conversations about some of the hardships in my life. Finding people who are going through the same things, the same feelings, it’s all so so so good.
ONE THING YOU WISH YOU HAD LISTENED TO THAT WOULD HAVE GOTTEN YOU STARTED IN JOURNALING SOONER.
To just start. Right now. Regardless of what you have, or don’t have, what you want, or what you’re waiting on. Life is moving and going and flowing right now. Don’t let the fear of the blank page, the fear of how good it will look, the fear of what others will think stop you. Just start. You’ll never get to that beautiful place of flowing creativity if you don’t ever start.