What do I say about myself?….
- I’m 38 years old, almost 39 (UGH, I’m almost 40?!).
- I spent 38 years + 9 months of my life in small towns in Northeastern Oregon.
- This Oregon Girl recently moved to Nampa, ID with my hubby & our brood…2 dogs, 2 cats & a rabbit.
- Art has been the one constant in my life. I think I came out of my mother’s womb creating!
- I can’t label myself as a “scrapper”, “journaler”, “photographer” because I am interested in it all. I think I have tried just about everything, drawing, painting, ceramics, beading/jewelry making, scrapbooking, photography, quilting, journaling, altered things, etc, etc. You name it, I’ve probably tried it.
- Right now my biggest passions are probably photography (casual, not frou frou expensive equipment type, nothing against that though), quilting & decorating (with a house 3 times bigger than our old one, I have a lot of space to figure out what to do with LOL).
- I find inspiration in pretty much everything & that is probably the thing I love most about creativity. It changes how you see things & see the world. I can see a branch from a tree and think it would make a awesome coat rack hook. The gorgeous colors of a sunset, a beautiful quilt. That piece of metal mesh laying on the ground, a AWESOME texture on my next canvas or journal page. That old beat up door you are going to throw away, a PERFECT table! Etc, etc.
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!